Things I Love: Mr. Roy G. Biv aka {Rainbows}

I have a thing when it comes to RAINBOWS
Why?  I'm not really sure...maybe it's because they symbolize Potential. Hope. Joy. Happiness.

OR.......  

maybe I'm still five years old! LOL!
Beautiful Rainbow

Here is a random selection of photos of items that are (mostly) rainbow colors.  Or just colorful!

Annika's favorite light jacket (I can't believe she's not wearing it today!)

My Rainbow Fish in the Girls' Bathroom:


One of my favorite blogs I've recently found is Whatever.  I fell in love with her colorful blog from the first not-yet-had-my-cup-of-coffee-yet-and-still-grumpy-in-the-morning-moment I looked at it.  It definitely put a big smile on my face!  And that's saying a lot considering I hadn't had my caffeine IV ten five two cups of coffee!
Gotta love those IKEA kids cups and plates! (and my Anthropologie latte bowls)


 Annika with her version of a Dream Catcher.  Maybe I'll dream about Rainbows!  Annika has made a whole bunch of these for everyone in our family.  I haven't figured out a good way to display her string of beads dream catcher.


My colorful felt flower wreath.


perler bead rainbows made by Annika


Or how about a plate full of Rainbow Play Dough Cookies?

colorful pom poms on twigs (to simulate pussy willow branches)
Ava's colorful painting
Rainbow Toadstool Mushroom from last year (going to make more of these soon!)
our egg crystal experiment from last year
Ava in her rainbow exersaucer in 2009
Fun little color experiment we did two years ago using colored water. (the experiment was about mixing colors)

I have to, must, need to make these gorgeous rainbow jello desserts!


I know there are lots more rainbows to be found in my house but I don't want to completely overwhelm you! LOL!

I just realized that I have perhaps a rather loose interpretation of ROYGBIV.  I guess I consider anything colorful (with bright colors) to be rainbow-colored.  Please forgive me!  LOL!
 :-)

Show me your favorite Roy G Biv item you have at home!

Emily P  – (April 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM)  

Where is rainbow soap???? I vote you make somma that! And then send it to us! Ha!

Astrid in Bristling Acres  – (April 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM)  

Hmmm....I'll have to think about how to make that (using the cold process method). Perhaps I'll have to try melt & pour and make some that way! Great idea, Emily!

Amy Siegert  – (April 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM)  

What a pretty post! We had a rainbow banner up for Wynne's birthday and Easter but that's about it, sorry to say!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP