Egg Carton Flower "Wreath" (ok, so it's not really a wreath but what else do you call this?)

Do you remember my colorful fingers from this Saturday?  I finally finished my Egg Carton Flower Wreath!  I've only had this on my to-do list for the oh....past three or four weeks. LOL!  

without further ado I give you...{My Egg Carton Flower "Wreath"}:

I used a GIGANTIC cereal box (opened up at the glued seam) as the base for my letter B (hand drawn). I eyeballed the size of the letter...I got lucky!  I kind of wish I'd used a sturdier backing as the finished product is curling/buckling slightly. 

I painted the cardboard B with three shades of green acrylic paint.  Don't really know why...but I think it looks nice.

Here are those little egg carton flowers that took so long to make!  (actually, they're really super easy but I kept postponing making them and I have no excuse for not getting them done sooner) 
I used whatever I had on hand for the centers- pom poms and foam shapes.

Almost there!  Last step- hot gluing the flowers on to the letter B form.  

I used a green ribbon from my ribbon stash to hang the "wreath" on my door (used a thumb tack at the top of the door to secure the ribbon).

Adds a bit of Spring Time Cheer to our house!  Especially considering the fact that the temperatures took a nose dive and on Saturday morning we woke up to snow!  Ack!  


Amy Siegert  – (April 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM)  

This looks so fun, Astrid. I just love all of the colors & different details in the flowers!

Ewa  – (April 18, 2011 at 6:13 PM)  

very creative, great idea!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP