Couldn't Fool You!


Can I interest you in a Strawberry Chocolate Pie?

Or how about a grilled cheese sandwich?


I bet I couldn't fool you!

Happy April Fools' Day!

I did play one or two...okay make that four...tricks on my family today.  Some were well received but others...ummm...not so much!

First I put liquid food dye in the bottom of the girls' cereal bowls and after adding the cereal and milk the color changed!  Annika loved it but Ava refused to eat her cereal.  (but she loves the cakes and cookies that are different colors due to food dye.  Silly girl! This is no different!)

Next up- Doughnut Seed Packets.  I made several of these in secret the night before.(hee hee hee)  I found them on FamilyFun's website (a GREAT go-to website for kid-friendly activities!)  I stashed them in Annika's and Mark's lunches, gave one to Ava after lunch and gave a few away.  I used plain ol' Cheerios as the "seeds".  Mark thought it was hilarious but was disappointed the "seeds" weren't sweeter.  D'oh!  

Then I did a mixed up dinner... we had dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert....or was it like that really?????

Again I found great April Fools' Day recipes on FamilyFun's website... so that's how we ended up with "Strawberry Chocolate Pie" for dinner and "Grilled Cheese Sandwiches" for dessert.  I could fool my family until it was time to serve the food....the smell was a dead giveaway!  And I'll say the "strawberry chocolate pie" was actually pretty darn good.  Most definitely was NOT a healthy meal!  

Last year I made meatloaf cupcakes...this year was the pie....now the big question is: What am I going to do NEXT year?  

Amy Siegert  – (April 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM)  

Too fun! That strawberry pie totally fooled me. The doughnut seeds are hilarious!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP