first "chemistry" experiment

:The Color Mixing Laboratory:

I found this kit in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart the other day and thought the Girlies would LOVE to play with it.

I was right! (and the price was right- $9!)

We went through the first several "experiments" today- all about colors & mixing colors. The kit came with test tubes and pipettes- OOOOOOh! Aaaahh! The girlies loved playing with them.


Can we start the experiment already??? We're tired of waiting!


Notice the sheet of paper in the foreground? I had Annika write down ____color +____color= _______what color?

Carefully mixing colors in the tray. The girlies thought this was the best part. Shhhhh...don't tell them that they're learning.
See? Annika was having fun!
Final colorful results.

Mammatalk  – (January 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM)  

I like this! Wal-mart, you say? Oh, looks like you linked to it. Bet you can guess where I am going next!

megan  – (January 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM)  

What a fun activity. My girlies would love this. Would love to see your cupcakes with crushed andes mints. Yummm

Anonymous –   – (January 26, 2009 at 7:30 PM)  

that's pretty cool...artists alike :)

denise  – (January 26, 2009 at 8:09 PM)  

Fun! We did our science kit round 01 over the weekend. Always very exciting. :)

RunninL8  – (January 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM)  

Another fun one is to make colored ice cubes-red, blue and yellow and then pop different combinations of 2 colors into glasses of water. They love watching the colors change into one new one!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP