some randomness
Random Thoughts by Astrid
How about a pretty flower to start with? My paperwhite narcissus are almost finished blooming. I'd forgotten just how stinky these flowers can be!
I got a Super Mega Ultra Fantastic deal on these Giant shatterproof Christmas balls- 50cents per box (originally $5 per box)! (Wal-Mart in case you're interested). I'm going to use these in my window boxes next year to give them some more Oomph (or whatever). I know- silly thing to share - but I'm excited!
Ava and I made cupcakes yesterday for Annika's class....they're chocolate cupcakes with chopped up Andes mints (mixed into the batter). No we didn't chop up Ande ...but we did chop up his awesome mints! (the girlies thought that was a silly joke). Smothered them with mint frosting...and the girlies decorated them with sprinkles. (insert drooling)
Photos of Annika's wavy hair (due to the braids she's been wearing for two days). She was so tickled that her hair was wavy! Every once in a while she'll make a comment about wishing she had curls like Ava. You and me kiddo!
You have to check out these AWESOME slippers that just arrived from Germany....
Danke Uroma und Uropa!!! Danke Oma!
I appreciate all the comments/opinions/advice on my Paint versus Stained trim dilemma. I'm still interested in hearing/reading more comments and opinions- so fire away! So far it seems that the consensus is to use painted trim. My next issue will be - how far do I take the painting project? I think I'll buy some cheap trim (wood or MDF) and do a mock up. I'll post photos and see what you all think. Sound good? I'd really rather not paint the doors right now. The windows I'd have no problem painting. (it'd be a pain for sure)
- Jog or walk every day on week days (check); this is NOT a New Year's Resolution. If it were I'm sure I wouldn't be doing it!
- Finalize my seed orders for veggies and flowers (yikes, better get on that one!)
- Make up my mind and pick two prints from this etsy artist. I adore Geninne's art and I asked Mark if I could pick out a couple of prints to be my birthday gift...and that was a couple of weeks ago. I just can't make up my mind! I like them all.
- Finalize paint color for Ava's room. We're going to re-do her bedroom as part of her birthday gift (which is coming right up!).
- Meal planning- gotta do it! should do it! just too lazy to do it!
- Scrapbook (why is it I always feel like I'm behind?)...funny that this should be a difficult task for me but I'm not feeling super scrappy or creative lately
- Ummm...and the usual boring stuff...paying bills, washing dishes, laundry (HATE folding it and putting it away. Where's my Fairy Godmother aka House Cleaning Fairy when I need her?) and just trying not to go insane while Mark is away.
- I'm sure there's something else that's missing from my list. Actually, I bet there are a million things missing but I'd rather not think about them right now, okay?


Tell Annika that like her wavy hair! The cupcakes look great too! Both girls promised they would save me one...but I wonder if it will still be fresh and delicious?!?!?
I can't tell you how excited I am about the thought of painting those windows...
But I guess something has to be done...
Painted trim will be just fine and we will love it forever and never want to change it again!!!
Sound like Famous Last Words to me! (regarding the trim). You do know what your wife is like, right? hee hee hee. :)
We promise to save you a cupcake!
Beautiful girls! What cozy slippers.
And, funny. I just blogged about my laundry fairy today.
I love paperwhites but I can't stand the smell! I still buy them every year. I think you did an awesome job on the cupcake!
-Kim
I love the look of those cupcakes! If you and Kim got totalking about that it would be awhile! She is really into fancy cupcakes. I might see if I can get here to do that for next week's Tasty Tuesday.
Thanks for your comment on my post at The Nesting place! I appreciate the support. Seems like I also saw a comment from you over at Julia's blog, Hooked On Houses, about the Laundry Room...right? Anyway, if you ever need any ideas or info, come by the blog and I'll be there.
Remodeling Guy
Awwww! Your little girls are so cute!
Thanks for stopping by my SITS featured blog today! I love meeting new bloggers!
The girls were so excited to tell me about Annika's yummy cupcakes! Great job there :)
And I LOVE your Walmart steal!! Isn't it just the best? I bought Christmas cards for the next 2 years at 25 cents a box. I figured for a penny apiece, I couldn't go wrong. And I think you already know about my 25 cent gingerbread house kit! Then there were the Christmas chocolates for 10 cents which will become Valentine's treats for the kiddos...love it!!
Hmmm, I put Lo's damp hair in a braid last night after her bath-before bed. I wonder what it will look like this am?! But she already has Breck Girl hair-thick, wavey body with a penchant for spiraling...Not fair!
I love paperwhites and lilacs but HUz can't STAND the smell! :(