visitor

We had an interesting visitor yesterday::




Meet Mr. Owl. Or is it Mrs. Owl? Don't know...gotta check out my bird books.



Mr. Owl really surprised me. I first saw him flying away from our deck. Ava and I had spread sunflower seeds on the railing the other day to attract the little birds. I'm pretty sure owls aren't interested in those seeds. I hope he's not after my little birds! (do they eat little birds or just little mammals? I guess a Google search would clarifiy.)



Any HOO- he sat on the tree close to our house for a long, long time. Staring at us just as we were staring at him.



At one point I was describing to Mark over the phone the owl I'd seen and I was shocked to see that he was back on the deck railing! (I thought he'd left since I didn't see him sitting in the tree- didn't occur to me that he'd come back up to the house).



I *heart* owls...I love hearing their calls too. One of the cool things about living in the middle of the woods.



eta- Saw Mr. Owl this afternoon- this time in the front of our house. I managed to get one photo (through the window) before he swooped away. I wonder...I've got lots of birdseed out- and I bet there are mice and other small critters eating it too. I think I can make an edumacated guess that he's after those little critters.

Amy Siegert  – (January 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM)  

Hey Astrid! Cool! You did get a picture of him/her!! You guys live in a BEAUTIFUL area. (Your house is pretty awesome, too!)
AMY S

Tiffany  – (January 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM)  

What a neat visitor! Great picture of him.

Beth  – (January 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM)  

I often hear, but never see owls around here. Very cool that you got that picture.

Anonymous –   – (January 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM)  

WOW!!!!! COOL!!!!

ET

Anonymous –   – (January 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM)  

He's beautiful - glad you got the picture of him.

zakkalife  – (January 21, 2009 at 11:46 PM)  

What a great surprise guest. And it's nice you were able to get a picture of the owl. With my luck, the owl would be gone by the time I came back with a camera. :)

jessica

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP