olbrich gardens

Olbrich Gardens

Go. Here. NOW!

We spent a couple of hours in the Bolz Conservatory this past Saturday. Instantly (and rather cheaply) transporting us to a tropical jungle. Just the thing to cure the winter BLAHS.



"I want to go this way." "No, I want to go THIS way." OR Big Gretel leading Little Gretel through the deep dark forest. (hmmm...no - that's not it either)

pretty purple flower.

Ahem. Proof that Ava is getting taller! Her size 2T pants no longer fit her properly. (she wanted to wear these jeans today even though we pointed out that they were rather small on her. who knows the thought structure/pattern of a 2-almost-3-year old?)




Water dripping from the ceiling. Naturally the girls found it extremely amusing and Annika got very wet because of it.


picture plant.

"I'm not tired" Ava

The girlies crashed hard after our visit to the garden.


I also wanted to point out that there is an awesome Ethiopian restaurant- Buraka- on State Street in Madison. We had a fantabulous lunch there (and the girlies did a great job with their lunch).

Unknown  – (January 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM)  

This place sounds so nice on a dreary winter day and I bet the girls (and I imagine both you and Mark as well) enjoyed the break from the cold :)

Beth  – (January 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM)  

Gosh - I wish we could have been along on your whole outing! Tropical gardens, Ethiopian food (that was actually good - our only experience with it to date was extremely disappointing). Great pictures and looks like a really fun day!

Margaret  – (January 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM)  

I remember going there with you! What a marvelous break from the winter outside!

Amy Siegert  – (January 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM)  

I've been to the gardens, but never even considered the conservatory--what a great idea for the winter! Thanks for sharing--I love the pictures of the girls getting wet. Such a neat irony there - jungle plants, snow boots.
Amy S.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP