Annika the Skier

Our little Annika has decided that skiing is FUN!


A little background info...a coworker of Mark's is also a ski instructor at one of the local ski resorts. (Yes! There are actual ski resorts in the Midwest! Can you believe it?) He offered to teach Annika a couple of hours on Sunday. We asked Annika if she wanted to try skiing again on Friday and she said NO. Well, we gently pursuaded her that it would be lots of fun. Guess what? Mommy and Daddy were right!


She had a BLAST!

Mark said she had a big grin on her face the entire time she was skiing. Boris is a great teacher. She still hasn't mastered the Wedge or Pie but she was zipping down the hill anyway!


After Boris had to leave Mark and Annika did several more runs together. Apparently she just didn't want to stop.


This is quite different from her first skiing experience in Austria last year.
Check out that giant GRIN!

Annika skiing:

Now we need to get Mommy and Ava out on the slopes!

Beth  – (January 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM)  

I am SO IMPRESSED! I saw the video clip and Annika was really movin'! I am sure that she's already a more confident, skilled skiier than I am.

Kristian Konrad  – (January 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM)  

I would be amazed if she wasn't a skier with the genes she's got. :D

Love the pictures.

April  – (January 14, 2009 at 8:40 AM)  

Hi There!

I found you on Rae's blog. I am so impressed that your daughter learned how to snow ski! We're taking a family ski trip to CO. in early April and my girls and I have never skiied before. I'm a bit nervous, but am willing to try anything once. Hope I don't break something important! :)

Anonymous –   – (January 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM)  

Thanks for the video. I showed it to my little Annika and now she wants to ski. Up until now she has been saying no, she doesn't want to go but now that another Annika goes skiing, mine wants to try. This is just what we needed! Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP