ski time::family fun
All four of us went skiing yesterday.
I can't believe we're still all in one piece and that nothing was broken. (okay, I can believe it).
Annika had the day off from school (don't ask why they decided to do in the middle of the week...I'm not sure I understand their decision- has to do with the fact they've had a couple of snow days last week). Mark decided to take the day off and we went SKIING!
I'm still in shock that there's down-hill skiing available in Iowa. Who knew?
We got Annika an hour long ski lesson and Mark helped Ava while I was free to ski. Woo Hoo!
Have I mentioned that I'm terrified of skiing? Yes, it's true. Not for any good reason either. As a matter of fact- I don't know why. I've been skiing my entire life (I think) . I can't remember ever not being able to ski. But, there it is...I'm sure I could go into great detail about a couple years of my life that I think turned me against the whole skiing thing but I won't bore you. Needless to say, the entire drive to the "mountain" ski resort I was agitated and nervous. Funny though- as soon as I got on the skis and started down the "mountain" I was fine and I wanted to go again and again and again.
By the way, a non-holiday weekday is absolutely PERFECT for beginner skiers. We didn't have to worry about either of the girls 1)crashing into others or 2) getting cobblered by other skiiers. We had the slopes almost all to ourselves!
I wish that I'd gotten a video clip of Ava skiing. It was HILARIOUS! (I know I shouldn't laugh at my children but I couldn't help it). She LOVED skiing. She shot down the hill without any worries. Like a bullet. Only one problem....she couldn't stop or turn! She refused to listen to any suggestions from us. She didn't want to make a Pizza Pie (or Wedge) with her skis. And since she's so little she was extremely fast- it was hard for us to keep up with her to catch her before crashing into something. At one point we didn't catch up with her and she crashed. With our other child (no names) that would have been the end of our skiing day...but with Ava...she got up and wanted to go again!
Annika and I did several ski runs together. She's doing great! She still needs to work on her Pizza Pie and try doing more turns with her skis. She also gets extremely frustrated if she falls (she won't try to get up by herself). We loved riding the Magic Chair (that's chairlift for us regular folk).


Your girls look great out there skiing! What an awesome experience for your whole family. I'm glad you got a chance to do a little skiing on your own, too! Nice midweek diversion!
By the way, I am terrified of skiing but have never ever gone. How pathetic is that?
Amy S.
We went skiing the other day, too!
But I don't ski, I just keep the babe entertained while the other is with Daddy. :)
You have Super Skiers too that is awesome. I love it!!!! What a great way to spend some time with the family! Looks like a success.
I am astonished that Ava is already skiing! It's impressive that Annika can do it, and Ava's even littler! Woo-hoo for brave, fun-loving girlies.
That's awesome!
YOU afraid of skiing???
Never would have thunk it.
Glad you got back into it. :)
Hooray! What fun! Now you guys should come visit us and go up to Mt. Hood with Jon! I think I'm not supposed to engage in bone-breaking activities while nursing, so I'll hold down the fort at the lodge and drink cocoa with whoever needs cocoa-drinkin-with. :)
What a fun day!
I saw your question over at Tip Junkie. We keep a year's worth of utility bills on file. Any more than that and it gets to be too much. Have you thought of getting bills online? They can be accessed whenever you want and no paper.
OH my goodness..so cute and what a fun family day!
-sandy toe
I saw your question at Tip Junkie. I left a comment there but in case you don't see it I thought I'd come here. ;) I keep everything. Each year gets 1 three inch binder. It's a simple system, doesn't take much time to put together and only takes up one shelf (once I get to 7 years I'll start throwing away stuff). You can go here (http://stephaniesmommybrain.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-make-and-use-finance-binder-for.html) to read a better description.
You're brave. I am scared of skiing too. I have spent my life in places like MT and CO and still have never mustered up the courage to downhill ski.