My Little Crafters....

{Hi!}


Both girls have rediscovered that they love painting. Although we've had mostly glorious Spring-y weather we did have that dreaded white stuff (you can call it snow if you like) on Saturday so we spent the day indoors.

Once again I managed to get the photos uploaded...backwards. Sigh. You'd think I'd know better by now.

The girls brought out this cute garden kit they got from Grandma and Grandpa at Christmas. They first painted all the rocks and toadstool mushrooms and anything else that needed painting. After we let those dry we filled it with dirt, planted the seeds, and arranged all the cute rocks, house, gnome in the planter (all that came with the kit). There are tiny seedlings popping up already!
The girls are painting the aluminum foil toadstool mushrooms I made using plastic eggs as the base....go see these instructions at Filth Wizardry on how to make them. Tooooo cute! I promise to take photos of the finished toadstools tomorrow. Okay. I won't promise but I'll try. I had stuck them in my window boxes but I don't think they really stand out in them so I have to find a new place for them. Perhaps Ava and I will create a Fairy Circle. Perhaps you've figured out that I have a thing for toadstools. Blame it on the 70's! (or not)
The girls wanted to only paint rainbows on the toadstools. I can't blame them. I do so love rainbows. Which is probably why I have six of these pretty bowls from Anthropologie in ROYGBIV (okay..I'm missing a color) in my kitchen cabinet. :)


Ava created this wonderful painting all by herself a few weeks ago. She started using a paint brush but then decided to use her hands. Much more fun anyway.
This is the start of her painting. Kind of looks like The Hungry Caterpillar (Eric Carle) to me. I do LOVE Ikea's roll of art paper.
The contemplative artist at work. Shhhh...don't disturb her! Just kidding!What will we create next? Oh...I guess we should work on coloring Easter eggs!!!

Have fun crafting!

Amy Siegert  – (March 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM)  

That little planter with the gnome looks like fun!
And the paintings, terrific. We just have to find an easel like that for Wynne's birthday! The picture of Ava contemplating her art is so cute!!

Beth  – (March 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

That's a really nice painting! And all those crafy things look like lots of fun. We've been having a renewed interest in play-doh over here lately.

Mark –   – (March 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM)  

My beautiful girls get their beautiful talent for arts & crafts from their beautiful mother!!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP