Colorful "Pussy Willows"
I saw on Betz White's blog the prettiest Spring Craft...Rainbow Pussy Willows.
I just had to make my own (since sadly we don't have pussy willows here. I remember cutting pussy willow branches in Anchorage for Easter every year. Boy, do I miss that! Hmmm....I think I know what I'm going to look for at the garden centers this year....I digress.)
So here's my version of Rainbow Pussy Willow Branches. Betz used small felted balls. I didn't have any BUT I did have about a zillion colorful pom-poms in many sizes. Okay. More like a hundred...perhaps a zillion is a stretch. Anyway..moving along...I cut some branches from my yard and using my LOW-temperature hot glue gun (new; still in package!) I glued the pom-poms on to the branches. Boy, I can't believe it took me this long to try out the low-temperature hot glue gun! I loved not smelling searing flesh every time I touched the hot glue. Nice change.


Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it!!
I love this idea. So cute. My kids would love helping on a project like this. I also like it because it lasts so much longer than fresh flowers. Pom poms are so festive!
Allison @ www.houseofhepworths.com
That turned out so pretty, Astrid! Thanks for another idea for our family Easter :)
cute idea! my boys have been wanting to do something with acorn tops we have, and gluing pom poms into those and hanging them from branches would be fun too. thanks for the inspiration! :)
These are so fun. I bet they would look great in easter colors.
Thanks for dropping by my blog!