Fun, Friends & Geode Egg Update

Spring has definitely sprung at Bristling Acres!

As soon as it's warm enough outside my girls want to be in their swimsuits and play with their caterpillar sprinkler. Amazingly enough we had some really warm weather at the end of March and they got their wish! I think in previous years the first round of playing in the caterpillar sprinkler happened at the end of April or the beginning of May...certainly not March!

Naturally we have to stick our head in the water! And giggle with delight...

Two Sweet & Charming Four-Year Olds.
Ava and her Best Friend, Wynne
Geode Eggs....nearly one month later.... click here to see what they looked like when they started...
Blue- Borax
Pink- Coarse salt (notice how it coated the outside of the egg with crystals too)
Purple- Sea Salt (also a crystal coating on the outside of the egg)
Green- epsom salt. My favorite. Very unique & different crystals.
If we were to do this experiment again I would try eggs that hadn't been cooked prior to using them in the experiment. These eggs were all soft boiled eggs...and I would guess that effects the permeability of the egg shell (we had lots of salt solutions leaking out into the miniature muffin tin where we kept the eggs).

The morels are ready to be picked. I'm going to make a morel quiche today for dinner....You can check out my blog post about them here. I could swear we're picking them two weeks earlier than last year but others disagree.

Amy Siegert  – (April 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM)  

Those egg colors and crystals are just brilliant. I think I like the green one the best, too! Did you add color to them, or was that just what happened naturally?

Those are pretty cute girls in swimsuits :) and girls on rocks:)

You are great about enjoying God's blessings in nature! Wish I took the time to do that.

Margaret  – (April 29, 2010 at 1:25 AM)  

I love the geode eggs! I hope I can remember to do that when my boys are old enough to think it's neat!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP