Autumn Play Dough Cookies!

Do you remember these cookies we made a few months ago? I thought we could perhaps make them again but using fall colors. At first I suggested orange and black (for Halloween) but Annika requested red, yellow and orange. Great idea! I also added green for the fourth color.


Ava and I made the dough while Annika was at school. I have to admit the yellow was more mustard colored than I wanted and the red was more of a dark pink (even though I added a lot of the gel food coloring).
My GREEN little monster all ready for Halloween!

We baked the cookies after we picked up Annika from school. Yum!

Bake some up for yourself! They're easy to do, pretty to look at and best of all- they're yummy!

Amy Jo  – (October 7, 2008 at 12:50 PM)  

cool! I've never eaten anything those colors before. That's pretty creative of you!

happylittleprince  – (October 7, 2008 at 1:08 PM)  

Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm decorating cupcakes with my kids tonight. We might have to try those cookies next!!

Melissa  – (October 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM)  

Those cookies look good! Thanks for commenting on my blog! You look very crafty!

Eve  – (October 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM)  

Oh - I LOVE those cookies! I will definitely have to see if I can make them using a gluten free recipe - those are just TOO FUN to pass up!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com  – (October 8, 2008 at 7:32 AM)  

Those cookies look tasty. I love your Halloween decorations. The owls are adorable. Have a great day!

Rae  – (October 8, 2008 at 4:45 PM)  

I saw those cookies awhile and go and thought they looked so neat! Great job making them!! I just might have to give it a try!

Kelly  – (October 8, 2008 at 10:31 PM)  

So creative and fun for your girls! I'll have to remember this idea for when my daughter is older.

Oh, and a maybe tip for the pinkish red color. With cake icing, I was told to add a little bit of black to make it more red than pink. I'm not sure if that's possible with food coloring, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again for sharing your cookie idea.

Astrid in Bristling Acres  – (October 9, 2008 at 5:41 AM)  

OH! I never thought of adding black to the red to make it darker. I assumed it would turn the red which was shown on the jar lid. How silly of me!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP