Soapy Smells - Need your input!

It's that time of year! As most of my friends and family know I make soap for Christmas gifts.

Now...

I want your input on what sorts of smells you like!

As a reminder- last year I made lavender with crushed lavender flowers, chocolate with actual chocolate and the "Symphony of Smells" soap (which was a beer soap with lots of patchouli, lavender, rose, ylang ylang and orange essential oils).

Please leave me a Comment with your favorite smells and I'll pick a few from them to make!

ETA- I make cold process soaps- that means I start with lye (sodium hydroxide), water and oils. While I enjoy making soap it is NOT an activity to do with small (or even older kids; teens are fine). I have not done the melt & pour soaps- perhaps that is something that can be done with children. Miller's Soap Website is my bible to soap making. This is the website that helped get me started. Feel free to ask me questions! If any of you are interested perhaps I can try and make a tutorial.

Liz Harrell  – (October 14, 2008 at 10:17 AM)  

This might sound wierd, but I bought a soap recently that smelled like rosemary. It is my favorite soap EVER!

Amanda  – (October 14, 2008 at 11:39 AM)  

A few of my favs are pumpkin, linen or cotton and velvet tuberose (from Bath & Body Works.)

Margaret  – (October 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM)  

I liked the grass-smelling soap you made a few years back. Especially in the winter, it smells so nice and summery!

Beth  – (October 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM)  

I would love a really orangey-smelling orange soap! And the lavender patch soap was wonderful last year. Oh, and the year you made coffee soap with coffee grounds in it for scouring (I think you called it gardener's soap or some such) ... I loved that one too.

Heather Plis  – (October 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM)  

I stumbled on your blog from the no time for flashcards blog and i'm curious, how do you make soaps? Can you share any of your recipes? They sound wonderful and I think it would be fun to make and give as Christmas gifts! I'm a mom of two and always looking for new/creative/inexpensive gifts to give. :) thanks

Unknown  – (October 14, 2008 at 10:15 PM)  

Any soap will be appreciated!!!

Rae  – (October 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM)  

Oh, wow! How fabulous that you make soaps!! Is there anything you CAN'T do? One of my favorite soaps is spearmint and eucalyptus. A good stress reliever!

WheresMyAngels  – (October 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM)  

I'm a fruity woman, melon or peaches!

Anonymous –   – (October 15, 2008 at 7:15 AM)  

my favorite smell is Jasmine

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP