Alaska Trip: Visiting Marie, Eagle River and Thunderbird Falls

Meet Marie and Annika. Marie knew me when I was running around in diapers. Or not in them as she's told me....
Marie made us cream puffs!!!!

This is Marie's polar bear- ahem- dog. He may look like he's a giant but he's incredibly sweet.
Oh Happy Girls! Simon & Seafort's (our favorite restaurant in Anchorage) has grilled salmon on the kids' menu!!!

Ava is a potato eating kind of girl.

The girls got a break from all the touring around...they got to play at a park located off the Coastal Trail in downtown Anchorage.

After our lunch in Anchorage we headed for one of my favorite destinations close to Anchorage...Eagle River Nature Center. The views just outside the center are gorgeous beyond words.

Here's proof that I was there. (I'm the one driving the camera most of the time)


See what I mean? Isn't that just a beautiful view?




Spawning salmon. Due to bear activity one of the trails was closed. Look up the life cycle of salmon...it's amazing.

Mark showing the girls what Devil's Club look like. It's a nasty plant!
Next up was a quick hike to Thunderbird Falls. Some views gave me the heeby jeebies (vertigo). Annika loved walking around and collecting rocks (Treasure Hunting). Ava wasn't so thrilled.

Amy Siegert  – (September 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM)  

What a wonderful experience for the girls to have. They'll never forget it! And the views are amazing...I can't even imagine!

Margaret  – (September 7, 2009 at 1:07 AM)  

Oh me oh my. These pictures are making me PINE for Alaska!

Beth  – (September 7, 2009 at 10:07 AM)  

Oh, we love the Eagle River Nature Center. It's always SO quiet there, so beautiful! These are wonderful pictures. It looks like you guys had an absolutely amazing trip to Alaska. So many great outings to so many perfectly Alaskan places.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP