AK Trip: Alaska State Fair

We timed our Alaska trip just so that we could go to the Alaska State Fair in Palmer. We even did better than that...we managed to time our trip so that we were there on opening day when the entrance fee was only $3 per person. It would have cost us $26 to get in...but we only paid $12.

Woo Hoo!

And where did that extra $14 disappear to? Fear not, my friends! It didn't go to waste...although it did go to my waist! (har har har)

TREATS of course!

We got any treat that looked yummy...and by splitting it four-ways we could enjoy lots of treats! Let's see...there were cream puffs, pecan rolls, cheesecake-in-a-cone (think ice cream), hot apples with honey ice cream and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Check out my salmon kebab! Wish I'd gotten more of those. Waiting for Annika and Mark to finish the Ferris Wheel ride.



Ava loves the Merry-Go-Round. The Girlies loved doing the rides. But Mommy and Daddy were a little blown away by the ticket prices....so we didn't get to do all the rides we wanted.

The Girlies loved this ride. Ava says it was her favorite ride. Do you see they're in the Number 3 balloon? Oddly enough, Annika and Mark went on the Ferris Wheel earlier and they were also in the number 3 chair. Weird.Pretty mountains provide a gorgeous backdrop for the state fair.

Of course we visited the petting zoo. I loved the piglets but the piglets weren't too keen on people touching them. Oh. And of course we had to check out all the farm animals because we don't ever get to see them in living out here in farm country. Ha ha. I'm being completely sarcastic! (but I loved seeing the animals anyway)
That giant round thing with the purple ribbon is a Puffball Mushroom weighing over 12 pounds! Eeeep!
That is a very LARGE cabbage....can you guess how much it weighs?
How about 127 pounds!
Yikes! I bet they needed a tractor to lift it!

Girlies showing off their pouch purchases. They each got to pick one out...to store all those Alaskan treasures they found!
One of our beloved comic strips...Tundra
Bad Girls of the North booth.
Sorry Texas Lovers!
I guess we did do a lot on our trip to Alaska!

Just seeing these photos reminds me of the great time we had there. And that it went by too quickly. It also really reminded me that Anchorage (and Alaska in general) will always be my home. Now, don't get me wrong...I like living here in Wisconsin. But...you'll have to admit that Alaska is just a tad bit different. Especially from a cultural stand point! (it seems that just about all the nations & ethnic groups are represented there).
Anyhoo....
I'm not done yet with the Alaska trip photos. Nearly there...but not quite.

Amy Siegert  – (September 24, 2009 at 8:32 AM)  

Those veggies are HUGE! Looks like you had a wonderful time at the fair. I love the picture of Ava waiting for her sister to get off of the ride. :)

Beth  – (September 27, 2009 at 5:47 PM)  

Wow. SO JEALOUS. I've actually only been to the Alaska state fair once, and I was there as a babysitter/mother's helper. I'd love to have been along on your eating tour of the fair!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP