Ready or not...here we come Kindergarten!
Here's Annika ready for her first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited! She was excited to get to use her new backpack that Oma had sent her. She also picked out the dress ...it's also from Oma. :) (thanks Mama!)
I think she's definitely ready for it...although she did take Big Bear with her to school today. Her teacher said that she could have him there today but tomorrow he has to stay with me. Remember last year? When Annika started preschool she also took Big Bear with her on her first day of class but she didn't need him after that.
Annika leading Ava across the parking lot into her new school. Annika even has her own locker! I don't remember having a locker until I was in junior high school.
ETA- Annika had a great day at school. She seems like such a big kid now. She said her favorite part was lunch. She's now trying to make a "gift" for her teacher. She asked me how to write "Mrs. XXXXX; I Love You; I will fill you with candy; Love Annika" (she wrote this out by herself leaving no spaces between the words...so it's a little difficult to read). Apparently Annika likes her new teacher, what do you think? I think it's very sweet.
For dinner tonight we're having salmon, sticky rice, nori strips and edamame (green soybeans) - some of Annika's favorite food items. Yummy!


Yay! I'm so glad it went well for her (and you, Mommy!). Sounds like she really does like her teacher. Lily was much more blase' about her first day back.
Oh, and she looks SUPER-CUTE in her new school dress with her new backpack.
This is so exciting! Our Annika is already a "kindergartener" (I hope the spelling is correct :) )
She looked so cute (I also like the photo with Annika leading her little sister)
thanks for reading over at Nesting Instints! what cute daughters! (i have two myself so I'm partial! :-) )