Homemade beads

A few days ago Ava and I made homemade beads. I got the recipe from Let's Explore - which is another great blog to get ideas for kids' craft projects. It's a VERY salty dough - but silly Ava still wanted to eat it. YUCK! When I asked her why she was eating it she responded with, "I silly Ava". True, true!

Ava got to help with every step of this project- measuring the ingredients (salt, flour and water), mixing the dough....
and making beads and her "milk 'nake". Sadly the "milk 'nake" fell apart while drying.
The beads took several days to dry. We painted them the afternoon Annika was home sick from school. It was a nice, cheerful activity for a sick little girl.
Ava painting her beads- they started out blue and green but they were all gray by the time she was finished (she mixed the colors...not that the blue and green turned gray by themselves!).

The beads have taken a LONG LONG time to dry from the painting. Not sure we did something wrong or what. I'll have to remember to take a photo of the finished beads!




My Three Girls (The A girls)  – (September 29, 2008 at 8:31 AM)  

Oh...I have to laugh I have an Annaka!!! Ammara and my youngest is Alliza. All A girls here.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP