Apples, apples, apples!

This past weekend was the Gays Mills Apple Fest. While we didn't actually visit the Apple Fest itself we did battle the crowds at the Kickapoo Orchard in order to get the BEST tasting ever apples- HONEYCRISP! (if you've never had them...run, don't walk, to your store! I'm not kidding either!)


Me and the girls enjoying ...what else? Apple Pie!At the entrance to Kickapoo Orchard's store. They have lots of chalk there for kids to color on the concrete (which is great except that there were LOTS of people coming and going through those doors!).Annika's chalk drawing. The girls were covered in chalk dust after this!

After picking up FAVORITE apples at Kickapoo we went in search of a U-Pick apple orchard. Most of the orchards in Gays Mills seem to only offer pre-picked apples but we think it's more fun picking them yourself. We found Starry Ridge Apple Orchard...and we got to pick gorgeous Cortland apples. We picked a bushel of apples in no time...and now I have to turn those beautiful apples into applesauce, apple pie filling and apple crisps!



Elevator Annika

Elevator AvaPicking apples is SO MUCH FUN! (and a great work out for Daddy! We did end up using a basket on a stick to help pick the huge apples at the top of tree)Very happy Annika! She got to pick apples to her heart's content! I found a really cute book... "Our Apple Tree" by Gorel Naslund (some umlauts are missing). The illustrations are adorable- I highly recommend checking it out if you have young children.

Darlene  – (September 30, 2008 at 9:03 AM)  

Hi Astrid,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. That looks like a neat orchard....I wish we had one close by to go visit and pick some apples, that looks like a lot of fun. YUM...for apple pie!!

I definitely want you to tell me when you make and post a picture of your ragamuffin garland. They are so simple to make just a little time consuming.

Traci @ The Bakery  – (October 7, 2008 at 9:35 PM)  

I have never heard of honeycrisp....I wonder if we have them in Oklahoma. I like Braeburn....are they like those?

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP