Need help with Annika's Memo Board

Okay everyone! I need your input on where to put the letters on Annika's magnetic memo board. I'm planning on hot gluing them to the board (so...they're not magnetic).


Here are some of the options...tell me what you like and what you don't. Pretty please with sugar on top!








ETA--I've decided that the frame is too narrow and I've kindly asked Mark to make me another one. I just think it's too skinny, don't you? By the way, this is just a simple magnetic board I bought at Ikea (it didn't come with a frame).

Anonymous –   – (September 9, 2008 at 7:48 AM)  

I like on the side and also on the bottom over to one side.

Anonymous –   – (September 9, 2008 at 7:49 AM)  

I mean vertically on the side. Sorry to be vague.

Beth  – (September 9, 2008 at 8:40 AM)  

I like the one at the top with the letters evenly spaced across the width. Annika's not going to be able to use the top of the board for a long time, because it's too high, so the letters won't be in her way up there. (Also ... when I made up my kids' bulletin board, I printed all the decorations on magnetic printer paper, so I can move things all over the place whenever I want to. If you really can't decide where you want those letters, you could go magnetic with them and then change them around whenever the mood strikes. If you don't like the magnetic printer paper, you could also buy a roll of self-adhesive magnet strip, or little self-stick magnet buttons.)

Astrid in Bristling Acres  – (September 9, 2008 at 9:02 AM)  

I'm planning on hanging the board at her level so she'll be able to use the entire board. I don't want to do magnetic letters- at least not on her name. I want them fixed down. (so they won't get lost, etc).

Margaret  – (September 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM)  

I like them down the left side. Not sure why. I just do. :)

Anonymous –   – (September 9, 2008 at 6:25 PM)  

Across the top even space is my vote

Anonymous –   – (September 9, 2008 at 8:33 PM)  

on the top or on the bottom evenly spaced

Unknown  – (September 9, 2008 at 10:16 PM)  

I like them on the side as well; this way you have the whole board :)

boxingdoc  – (September 10, 2008 at 6:06 AM)  

Evenly across the top or clustered at the bottom right.

Kristen, pajama mama  – (September 10, 2008 at 1:46 PM)  

I like it to the side, but it's also cute on the bottom to the right.

I got the bucket for my door at Michaels (along with all the fake plants. The bucket I guess is intended to be a door bucket (it's flat on the back) and has a piece where a nail would fit. So I just put a nail in the door.

Thanks for the compliment-it was my first arrangement-so that means alot!

-kristen

Kimba  – (September 10, 2008 at 2:12 PM)  

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! And please steal any ideas that you like. I love when other bloggers use my ideas. It's the ultimate compliment.

I'm not sure about the black door yet. We've only been in the house for a few weeks. I'm concerned that it's not going to hold up well...fading and scratching. But we'll see. I like the way it looks now.

Kimba  – (September 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM)  

Oh! And I like the picture that is second from the bottom with the letters at the bottom of the board and set to to the right.

No idea why but I do.

Traci @ The Bakery  – (September 11, 2008 at 6:43 PM)  

I think they should be on the side but crooked....different slants for each letter...some going left, some to the right, maybe one tilted more than the other.

It should be on side which is OPPOSITE of the hand she writes with....so she doesn't bump them by resting her hand on them.

Also, maybe hang little hooks at the bottom and hang the letters like ornaments. orrrrr....you could hang a small basket to hold the markers and eraser....orrrr...ok, no more ideas...tee heee....

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP