My POOPIE Party!
Ha ha ha! I said POOPIE! (actually, I say poopie a lot...and I hear it a lot too. I've got a potty training two-year old that tells me all about her poopies- we've had flower poopies and snake poopies so far)
Actually, it's a term that the Nester over at the Nesting Place has coined. It stands for: People Opposing Objectionable Pretend plants In the Environment. Hilarious! If you haven't checked out her blog you should. It's so much fun to read. I especially love her sections on MIStreatments (for windows). I'd really like to try that some day!
Anyway, here's one of my POOPIE arrangements. I love poppies and big roses. It's sitting next to a real plant. I'll have more POOPIE arrangements in the next few weeks when I get my fall and Halloween stuff out. My favorite room in the house!
Have I mentioned that I love my library-now office? We moved the computer upstairs (it was in the deep dark dungeon; ie basement) and I love it here. Now I have a great excuse to sit in my library- surrounded by all my books (you can see part of one bookcase in the above photo). My room is tiny and very cozy and very, very red. I could probably make the desk all chic like by painting it BUT I'm not going to. My mom did some tole paintings on the desk when I was much younger (or this could be my sister's desk...I can't remember!) and I don't want to paint over them. I DO need to change out the office chair for a nicer looking one, don't I? And I suppose a stand/table for my printer wouldn't hurt either!
Do you have any rooms in your house that you really love? What is it about them that you love?Here are a couple more of my POOPIE arrangements I'd forgotten about:
Hydrangea flowers from garden. I love hydrangeas! I remember living in Alaska and wishing I could grow these. Now I can! (although we're not in the right zone to grow the very colorful varieties).


I envy your office. Wish I could get around to making mine so cozy. For some reason, I think this chair: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p342/index.cfm?pkey=cdesk-chairs would work in that room. You have enough antique stores in your area that you could probably find it cheaper.
Ohhh! I love that chair! I wonder if it's comfortable though? I sit in this office chair a LOT (ahem...perhaps a little too much...).
I must know what that is sitting next to your lovely hydrangeas! From my view it looks like a 12 inch wide snail shell! Please tell me you don't have a shell that big because I will have to have one as well!
Thanks for your comments. Yes, my front door is black. It was a white metal door and I painted it with can of Exterior latex semi-gloss in black from WalMart (they have it ready mixed. I paid like 13.97 for a gallon and did 3 coats on the door and 2 coats on 6 shutters on the front of my house. I still have half a can left. I love your shell. I just did a platter with shells on it for the top of my TV cabinet.
It's an ammonite fossil- my husband gave it to me on our first anniversary (that was 13 years ago!) and it's really heavy!! He knew I loved fossils and rocks and shells and ...
Hey, thanks for stopping by my POOPIE party! I like your stuff too.
No, I don't have a mantle....we have a buffet that our TV sets on...and we hang our stockings on it.
I've got old farm tools to hang behind the woodstove....just havn't done it yet. The tools are from our farm....at least 100 years old....so cool!!!