A little crafty now and then

I've seen neat ideas on other peoples' blogs on how to spruce up ordinary objects -like this simple framed corkboard. I know mine is not what you'd call tres chic (perhaps I should have painted the frame black for that) but I had fun with hot glue gun AND I only managed to burn my hands once with the hot glue gun AND I got to use lots of stuff I've been collecting over the years ....

Let's see- there are sea shells from two trips to Hawaii, New Zealand and Alaska, coins from New Zealand and Australia, sand dollars from Washington state, cute lady bug painted rocks (from Oma), a few cards from a memory game (that have lost their matching mates) that I got over 20 years ago flying on SAS airlines and various other odds and ends.

The girls had fun looking through my stash of sea shells and not breaking many of them.

Now I just need to decorate the push pins or find some interesting ones.

I think the decorated corkboard fits right in between my two wooden skis I use as coat hangers, don't you think?

Anonymous –   – (July 24, 2008 at 7:36 PM)  

How wonderful to find a way of using all those trip souveniers so you don't have to throw them away, but they're not taking over 3/4 of your junk drawer.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP