Fruit Pizza Day!

I was reminded of this fun activity while viewing a blog the other day. The first time we tried to make fruit pizzas the girls were much younger and not as interested in helping. This time they both helped out.

We used refrigerated cookie dough- something I thought I'd never do. But hey, it saved me a step. :) We decided that we each wanted to decorate our own "pizzas" (instead of one large one) so we cut and shaped the dough into eight large cookies. Both girls loved squashing and shaping the dough (and hardly eating any of it).

During baking we passed the time by making "Play Dough Mates" (Annika's term) with old Play Doh and pipe cleaners:

Annika's Flower Garden creation:

One of Annika's Crickets (I think these are too cute and she made several of them):
Ava's cute creation (not sure if she had a name for it):


While the cookies were cooling we walked out the mailbox. On the way there we saw this:



The DADDY FROG!

Annika tried to catch him but in one leap he was across the garden. Oh well; never mind. At least the baby frogs are fun to catch and hold!

After we got back from our one mile walk to the mailbox we made the cream cheese frosting for the pizzas. It's just cream cheese with sugar and vanilla and we added food coloring since the girls decided they wanted it to be purple(ish). I think next time I'll be creative and use jams, jellies, fruit or juice to color the frosting. The best was the last part: decorating our pizzas! The girls were hard at work decorating their own creations with cut up peaches, strawberries, bananas (sitting in some lemon juice), blueberries and red raspberries.

Ava concentrating hard on decorating her pizza.Okay, actually the BEST part was EATING our creations. Ava ate all the fruit off of hers and left the cookie while Annika and I polished off our plates. (is Ava related to me?)
I think we're going to have to do that again!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP