Happy-One-Day-Late-Valentine's Day!


Happy late Heart Day!

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day!  

Tell the truth, I don't much care for Valentine's Day ...other than making cards and hanging a few hearts.  It's just not my thing and never has been.   I don't much care for the Valentine's Day Kitsch ....and the aisles of candies in the grocery store.  (how evil!) 

I do love hearts.  I had the most impossible time photographing this window (way too dark on every setting I could think of using).  That's a teal bird sitting on top of a Norfolk pine.

I think I made this heart for MY mom many, many years ago.  (Mama, am I right?)
 Annika and I made a few of these heart fairies using materials we found at home. I saw them at > Let's Explore <.  This particular Valentine is for Flora, Annika's pen pal fairy (she's currently in Mexico- she migrates with the hummingbirds).

Here's Annika's note to you:
 A simple string of hearts on my bookcase (which I'd recently cleared off and paired down):

The heart cookies in the first photo are actually red velvet whoopie pies I made for the girls' classroom parties.  I used the recipe from Annie's Eats....>red velvet whoopie pies recipe<


Do you decorate for St. Patrick's Day????

Amy Siegert  – (February 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM)  

Wow, those red velvet pies look delectable! SO RED! I especially love the Valentine you made for your mom. That is really special!

Unknown  – (February 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM)  

I love the red whoopie pies and the hanging hearts! You are so clever!!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP