Truffles & Chestnuts...great combo!

Mark's Christmas specialty- Chocolate Truffles!

We've been using the recipe found on the Martha Stewart website (click to view it) for the past several years. They're a little time consuming to make but completely divine!

This year Mark decided to do three different coating options- one ground nuts, another cocoa powder and the last one finely ground coffee mixed with cocoa powder. Annika really wante to help make them this year. She got to spoon the coating on the truffles.


A tray of delicious truffles waiting for a hungry person to devour them.

As the song goes..."chestnuts roasting over an open fire..." We fell in love with these chestnuts while spending Christmas in Austria two years ago. They're called heisse Maroni. You buy them from street-side vendors- and they give you a newspaper cone filled with hot chestnuts. Oh...and don't forget the gluehwein or kinderpunsch! Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without those foods and drinks!

Rae  – (December 26, 2009 at 1:39 PM)  

Wow!! That is so neat!! I've never "roasted" chestnuts before. I bet they were delicious!!

Unknown  – (December 26, 2009 at 6:37 PM)  

I have never roasted the chestnuts on the stove top - how long did they take? They look so good!! Mark's truffles are excellent - thank you

Amy Siegert  – (December 28, 2009 at 8:26 AM)  

I love hearing about how the chestnuts are sold in Austria. Never had them before, either. It all looks delicious!

Beth  – (December 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM)  

Chestnuts roasting on an open ... um ... skillet? I will definitely have to look for chestnuts next Christmas and see what my family thinks of them. And we can vouch for those truffles, from the ones you shared in our Christmas goodies box. Yum! Your girls look very happy and relaxed in these pictures. Looks like a very nice, happy, quiet time at home.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP