Merry Christmas::Frohe Weihnachten!

Hoping you all had a wonderful, joyous Christmas celebration!

We've had a fun-filled week full of fun activities - from skiing without the girls, decorating the tree, viewing the amazing lights display at Murphy Park in Dubuque, baking cookies, making chocolate truffles, decorating the gingerbread house , and decorating for Christmas...

and then I realized I haven't written a single post about any of this! Whoops.

So, grab a drink and take a seat as I bombard you with photos from the previous week.

Annika opening the note that Santa left her (he left it where they'd left a cookie and a note to Santa). Santa's note was to both girls...he told them he was pleased to see that they played so well together and that many of the gifts he brought were intended for them to play with together. Good thinking, Santa!

Ummm..Annika's not excited or anything.
Ooooooh! How exciting! Santa filled their stockings with all sorts of goodies!
The girls love Scooby Doo...so they were really excited when they saw this game (and the Scooby Doo poseable ears headbands...LOL!).
Isn't it great to capture the Moment of Realization? Ava has wanted to have a dart shooter like her cousin Gregory ever since we visited them at Thanksgiving. Santa obviously knew!

The Most. Awesome.Dollhouse. Ever. Period. Danke Uroma and Uropa for this extremely beautiful and very fun gift! Annika had several had wrapped packages to the family...some were class projects and others like this one were filled with random things (this one had the Christmas ornaments she'd made at Santa's Workshop).

Another look at that awesome dollhouse. It's taller than Ava! It has more furniture than we have! (okay, that's not actually true)


Here's what I cannot believe....the girls picked this morning- CHRISTMAS MORNING- to sleep in! They didn't pound on our door demanding to get up at some awful hour in the morning. Mark and I actually got up and had breakfast made before getting the girls finally up at 8am!!!! They're usually early risers so this came as quite a surprise to us parents.

Okay. More photos to come...I'm having trouble uploading them to Blogger. So stay tuned...

Margaret  – (December 25, 2009 at 11:54 PM)  

Merry Christmas to you, Astrid! I love the SUPER THRILLED faces you got in these pictures! And the "to my family" presents are incredibly dear. Give those sweet little girls a hug from their Auntie, would you?

Amy Siegert  – (December 27, 2009 at 8:14 AM)  

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Those are wonderful pictures. The dollhouse is splendiferous!! And you are so stinking lucky...we had to tell our oldest kids to go back to bed for an hour--they were up at 5:30 A.M. The earliest they've EVER been up. EVER!!!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP