Let it Snow!

We got a fair bit of snow overnight.

Perhaps that's an understatement!

So...what to do at home during blizzard-y conditions and obviously no school?

Hmmmmm.....

Check out the sweet little skis we got for the girls! (we got some fantastic deals at the local ski swap this year. We got the entire family outfitted- with brand new gloves, goggles and helmets (for the girls) and a brand new ski jacket for me- for a little over $500! I've seen just a set of plain ol' skis go for more than that -without bindings!)
All this snow came overnight. Yesterday I spent some time making sure things were put away. I also remembered to take down the fabric & netting from the gazebo. I'm so glad I did. I'm pretty sure it'd be ruined by now if I hadn't!





Ski Bunny Annika demonstrates what to do if you don't have a ski lift or tow rope- you carry the skis!

Check out Ava! That's pretty fluffy, deep snow for skiing but Mark and the girls tried anyway.
And there goes Mark! on about the shortest run E.V.E.R. (better than no run at all!)



And here's Annika!

One happy Snow Bunny.

Here's my wintery front door wreath. I used my ol' grapevine wreath and attached a garland of fake red berries to it. Since my door is a burgundy color the wreath got lost on the ocean of cranberry color...so I attached some silver ornaments to it. I think I'll add more of those silver ornaments. I think the blown on snow (courtesy of Mother Nature) is a nice added touch.

The AFTERMATH:

coats, ski stuff, misc. outerwear all over the floor. sigh. What else did we do?
The girls spent most of their day outside- skiing, sledding and playing. Oh the fun! We also baked cookies (hazelnut biscotti and Nutter Butter Santas). Mark started a batch of chocolate truffles. I put up the Christmas garlands and decorated them. We put up our tree -sans lights and decorations. The girls even played a few rounds of Wii Bowling. I can't say that we had a lazy day at home!

I still have lots more cookies to bake!

What kinds of cookies do you bake for Christmas?

Christina  – (December 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM)  

I'll be the first to comment. Jason was just asking what you all had gotten out of the storm. Thanks for posting the pictures so I could show him.

The skis look fun! What lucky girls!

Save some snow for when we come in a couple of weeks. All we are getting are the frigid temperatures but no snow.

Rae  – (December 9, 2009 at 9:39 PM)  

Wow! Look at all that snow!! Those skis are great. My girls would be so jealous!!

We baked cookies today during our snow day. We tackled chocolate chip, gingerbread, Dove double chocolate, and attempted sugar. I still have to make pecan tassies (not really a cookie), fudge, bark and peanut butter blossoms. Next week.....

Margaret  – (December 10, 2009 at 12:49 AM)  

If you have too many cookies, I have a mailing address for William in Afghanistan! I know he'd love to have some.

Looks like a great (but exhausting!) snow day!!

Amy Siegert  – (December 10, 2009 at 9:57 AM)  

Dressing and undressing kids for winter is more exhausting than anything they do outside. Good for you guys!!
We did play over here, too, some, but it's so wide open that the winds were bitter cold and couldn't stay out for terribly long. We baked candy cane cookies and dipped ritz pb sandwiches in chocolate.
I love your girls' ski outfits- they are so warm, what great exercise for them too! And your wreath is really pretty!

Unknown  – (December 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM)  

This is some serious snow! I am very glad that both girls like to ski - I wish I had as fancy skis when I grew up :)

I only bake Linzerradl - my favorite

Sally  – (December 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM)  

We make peanut butter rice krispie treats with chocolate/butterscotch topping, gingerbread cut-out cookies, orange slice candy cookies, and plain old sugar jumbles.

STEPHANIE.  – (December 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM)  

looks like you guys had a lot of fun!. cute blog. Ill be back to visit again. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP