New bed for Avie Baby

We barely managed to fit Ava's new mattress set in the van along with the girls in their seats. Ava is sooooo excited to have her new bed!
THANK YOU UROMA and UROPA (and Oma!) for the lovely sheets- they're the Brooke Sheet Set from Pottery Barn Kids. They are soooo cute!






My Silly Avie Baby!

Here's Ava's room today: the crib pushed aside to make way for the Big Girl Bed. You can see the paint samples (I did get different paint samples last night that I'll try out later today). You can also see how small the room is- I mean- it's the perfect size for a bedroom. We'll take out the big reclining chair (that was my nursing chair) and the crib. I might take out the desk for now too.

shhhhhh!
Don't tell Ava but she's getting a train set for her birthday. We're going to put our old coffee table in her room and set the train set up on the table. I'm also hoping to get her a cute child-sized reading chair from Ikea (and maybe a lamp) to create a reading nook for her.


Any ideas for quilts that would go with her new sheet set? We're not entirely in love with the quilt that goes with the sheet set from Pottery Barn Kids- and we were thinking of something that would go with other sheets. IDEAS??????

Shadow I saw this morning. Just had to take a photo of it!Today we'll make play dough cookies (after we pick up Annika from school). This time we're trying a regular sugar cookie recipe instead of the recipe we used before.

Beth  – (February 19, 2009 at 9:26 AM)  

What a big girl Avie "Baby" is turning into! Her room's going to be great when you get the paint figured out and get the new big-girl amenities set up for her. We should bake cookies here today too, since we're stuck at home for a "snow day".

Rae  – (February 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM)  

How fun! Sounds like you have some great plans!! JK LOVES his train set and table!! Best gift ever!

OK, as for running....I have found that the key to running (relatively) pain free is a good pair of running shoes. I go to a running store where they not only take measurements but they also watch how you run and figure out all sorts of other things. Since going there I have had no problems! If your knees are really hurting it could be the hard impact of the treadmill. An elliptical may be better for you. I'd definitely start with a good pair of running shoes if you don't have some already. Feel free to e-mail me for any other questions! (eastcoastevans@sbcglobal.net)

Shell in your Pocket  – (February 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM)  

How cute...she looks so happy in her new bed and sheets! What fun memories!
-sandy toe

Unknown  – (February 20, 2009 at 8:57 AM)  

These are cute photos of Ava, Astrid; wow - already a big girl's bed!
Have you made a "curtain decision" yet? Could you take a photo of the window?

Amy Siegert  – (February 20, 2009 at 1:35 PM)  

Beautiful sheets there! Ava is so darn cute...thanks again for coming over to play yesterday! Wynne & I look forward to visiting your house in a few weeks.

She will LOVE a train set! How fun. Good luck with the blues!

Mammatalk  – (February 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM)  

Oh, the big girl bed transition. Big step. I am anxious to see how it all looks once you are finished.

Pretty Organizer  – (February 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM)  

Great bed. SO, is she staying in it? That's our problem. I always think, "Isn't it going to be great to get xyz in to a big bed?" Then the many sleepless nights of a kid crying at the door or walking out into the hallway so proud of learning to open the door and the new found freedom.
Good luck!

Blessings,
Pretty Organizer

Debie Napoleon  – (February 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM)  

First, thanks for visiting me during my SITS feature day.

What a cute room, I would highlight the pinkl and green (even with the blue walls) with a checkered beadspread. That way it could be used with almost any color sheets... Target has some really cute ones.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP