Ava's Birthday Cupcakes

Ava's birthday is tomorrow (23rd) but we decided to celebrate it today (Sunday).



She picked out the sunflower cupcakes (with a little nudge from me) from the "Hello, Cupcake!" book Mama sent me last year. LOOOOOOOVE that book!



Yesterday Ava and I baked up the cupcakes (ahem...Funfetti cake box mix..but hey- Ava loved the colors!). Late last night, after the girlies were down for their "sleep-over" I decorated the cupcakes. They were lots of fun and easy- especially compared to the Fairy Toadstool Cakes I made for Annika's last birthday.

I will also admit that I used canned frosting. (but it did make the cupcake decorating experience virtually painless!)


This is Ava's special cupcake- it's the only one with THREE (cookies) flowers.

boxingdoc  – (February 22, 2009 at 9:29 AM)  

Cute! It took the last picture for me to realize the sunflowers were oreos! Superspecial yummy treat on top of a cupcake! When I made a sunflower cake, I used chocolate chips as the dark center part.

Unknown  – (February 22, 2009 at 9:53 AM)  

These cupcakes look just like they came out of the book - a really nice job, Astrid (I am certain that the girls will love them)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!!!

3 Bay B Chicks  – (February 23, 2009 at 5:45 AM)  

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry.

-Wenda

Amy Siegert  – (February 23, 2009 at 8:32 AM)  

Those cupcakes are SOOO cute!! Great job, Astrid! And HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO AVA!! From Wynne & Wynne's Mommy:)

Anonymous –   – (February 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM)  

Soooo cute!! I must try these, they're adorable. They'd be really fun for a garden party. Neat!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP