We're Going to the Zoo, zoo, zoo...{Ava's preschool class field trip}

Ava's preschool class with plenty of parent & grandparent chaperons got to go on an all-day field-trip to the Henry Vilas Zoo!  That zoo is located in Madison- a short, two-hour hop away from our little school.  

I'm not sure what the kids enjoyed better....the zoo or the bus ride to the zoo!

We all got to ride on a school bus- thank goodness it wasn't the kind with the hard plastic seats- to the zoo.  The kids had a blast while the parents had time to chat (or nap!).  


Happiness is....getting to ride on a school bus.  Especially when it's not an every day activity!
Ava's Preschool Class:
The super nice thing was that we were allowed to view the zoo without needing to stay in a particular group.  This made it easy to wander around in a relaxed fashion. It also made it easy to follow Ava's particular whims (like playing on the playground or riding the carousel or eating popsicles).  We tried to see and do what Ava was interested in doing...although sometimes Mommy nudged her on.  That's what mommies do best!

Ava and her friend, Natalie, gazing at the male lion.
I had no idea there was a lion cub!  The last time we visited the zoo (in the middle of winter) the lions were off exhibit but I didn't realize that it was due to a baby lion.  The cub was super cute, playful and fun to watch!

Can you guess what animal we're looking at?
If you guessed Rhino- give yourself a pat on the back!
Happiness is....getting to ride the merry-go-round (or carousel...or whatever you call it) because it's open!
and we got to ride it TWICE because we felt like it.  Lucky us!

......And this is where my camera ran out of battery juice.
LOL!
I can't complain as I never check the battery levels in the camera and the batteries seem to last forever...so no hard feelings!

Normally Ava's preschool is a half-day program (runs from 8am-11am) but this field-trip was an all-school-day adventure.  We ate a lovely picnic lunch (packed by me), played on two play grounds, ate colorful popsicles and watched some very lively grizzly bears.  Followed by another two-hour bus ride back home.  Those were some extra tired people when we got home!  The kids were pretty tired too! LOL!

You'll have to ask what her favorite thing was at the zoo.  

Amy Siegert  – (May 12, 2011 at 7:39 AM)  

It was nice to just relax with our kids, wasn't it? Your photos are outstanding, especially the close-up of Ava at the end of the post. I really like the 2 rhino shots with different focuses, too.

I was surprised that Wynne didn't care to ride the carousel! She was more interested in the outdoor play structure this time around!

Kirstin –   – (May 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM)  

What was her favorite thing to see or do at the zoo?

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP