Memorial Day Picnic
Happy Memorial Day!
We celebrated Memorial Day with friends at Governor Dodge State Park near Dodgeville, WI. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day to celebrate this important day!
The girls spent the entire day at this beach....finding snails, other mollusks, water snakes (!) and fishing for tiny fish. I'm a wimp when it comes to swimming- especially in cold water. So, no swimming for me! Yes, we saw a few water snakes. Mark caught one- they're not poisonous. Annika also tried catching one and she was the talk of the beach for a few minutes (at least among the other pint-sized people).
Ava and her "surfboard"
After picnic lunch and a small dose of ice cream the kids had a massive giggling fit with this water fountain. One of the kids would turn on the lower faucet (for cleaning feet?) and the rest of the kids would run away giggling and screaming!
The girls totally and completely crashed in the car- they slept the entire drive home! And now I have this extremely irritating problem I'm not sure how to deal with- my hard drive is full....so how can I post the photos from my garden I took this morning to show you? Argh! Is there an easy solution? And yes, as my friend guessed- the reason I'm not posting as much is that I'm outside trying to tame the wild beast that is my garden. There's so much happening right now; I hope I get to show you!
and.......
Oma(und auch Uroma)- Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Great place to enjoy the holiday. Good and tired!