Annika's Last Concert of the Year for the 2010-2011 School Year!
Can I just say this....
WOW! This year zoomed past us by at lightening speed! It only seems like yesterday when I took Annika to her first choir rehearsal. And now we're finished. Just like that! How did that happen? At the end of every school year I look back and marvel at how the year seems to defy physics. I mean, logically, shouldn't one year feel just like every other year? Then why do they feel like they're going by faster and faster and faster?
Anyway, enough of the semi-philosophical discussion.
On Sunday (May 1st) the Platteville Children's Choir had their Year End Concert at the Platteville High School Auditorium. The audience was comprised of teary-eyed parents and grandparents and a few screaming babies. One of which was sitting directly behind us. Oh well. Tired babies + concert = not the best good combination. Sigh. It wasn't that long ago when we were toting tired babies to concerts. How time flies!
WOW! This year zoomed past us by at lightening speed! It only seems like yesterday when I took Annika to her first choir rehearsal. And now we're finished. Just like that! How did that happen? At the end of every school year I look back and marvel at how the year seems to defy physics. I mean, logically, shouldn't one year feel just like every other year? Then why do they feel like they're going by faster and faster and faster?
Anyway, enough of the semi-philosophical discussion.
On Sunday (May 1st) the Platteville Children's Choir had their Year End Concert at the Platteville High School Auditorium. The audience was comprised of teary-eyed parents and grandparents and a few screaming babies. One of which was sitting directly behind us. Oh well. Tired babies + concert = not the best good combination. Sigh. It wasn't that long ago when we were toting tired babies to concerts. How time flies!
The Apprentice Singers in their concert uniforms.
All three choirs (Apprentice Singers, Choristers and Cantabile)
Annika receiving her Certificate of participation in the children's choir (each child got a certificate)
The best was still to come. Bummer is I didn't get this on film:
they announced that all the singers would get a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar after the concert. You should have heard the kids in all three choirs cheering at that bit of news!
And it was sweet that they had enough Dilly Bars so that little siblings could also enjoy one. :-)
I've got videos of Annika's group singing if any family members are interested in watching them. Please let me know! My internet is very s.l..o...w so I won't post them unless you're interested in seeing them!

