Trash Bag Fashion
So while Daddy went and visited Russia and got to see the Great Wall of China the girlies and I decided to make ice cream.
Brilliant idea!
I'd just bought some super yummy, ready-to-eat cantaloupe from a roadside produce stand. We had more cantaloupe than we could eat so we tried making ice cream with it using this recipe.
Great idea....
Right?
Ummmm....that would be a big NO!
Daddy is the one that knows how to put together the ice cream maker. Even with my best efforts I couldn't put it together correctly (there was a metal tab that got in the way and I just could NOT get the top bar to slide into place). I thought it was functional as I was able to turn the crank (we've got the hand-crank ice cream maker....you get a work-out before you eat your fill of ice cream!). I cranked that puppy for about 45 minutes. The girlies took turns turning the crank too. I thought it felt like it was getting stiffer. And I was getting pretty darn grumpy about still having to crank it.
I just couldn't take it anymore!
I opened it up...and what did we have?
*Cantaloupe ice milk*
sigh....
(tasted okay but not worthy of a repeat).
But the girls had fun with a small, white trash bag. Annika decided to make a costume out of it. She wanted it to resemble an outfit she'd seen on one of the old Dr. Who episodes (the ones with Tom Baker as Dr. Who).
Any suggestions for ice cream recipes to try? I know fall is on its way but I'm still not ready to put away the ice cream maker for the year.

