Ava's First Day of Preschool!
First day of Preschool!
Ava doesn't look excited, does she?!?
Oh wait....YES SHE DOES!
(I carried her backpack into her classroom since it was loaded down with school supplies).
Ava and her very cute & lovely new backpack (Thanks, Oma!)
She even gets her very own locker to store stuff:
I didn't get a locker until I was in the 7th grade!
After a brief hugs and kisses she ran over to this sensory table surrounded by her good friends. All she could manage was barely turning around to say bye to me!
Ava really enjoyed her first day of school. She told me all about her day...and that they got a chocolate bar as part of a snack. Hmm...I think that had better change! I don't think candy makes for a good snack.
The preschool, also called 4K at the school, meets only on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings for three hours. So, enough time to get a lot of playing done by Ava and a few things done by me (like going exercising at the gym....our gym card is covered in cobwebs from all the summer neglect).
And here's Annika...on her Second day of Second grade. Seems special to me!
Annika whined at me that the school day wasn't long enough when I picked her up after school. I hope she continues like school throughout the entire year!


Wow. I just love Ava's excited face! And I'm really glad she wasn't all nervous and upset to be left at preschool!
Hooray! I'm glad the girls are excited about school. The kids at THIS house are in complete denial about school starting back up.
Yes, the excitement of school. I hope it lasts all year (and at home when they're doing their homework)!! I already had to pull teeth to get Cy to finish 10 math problems. LOL
But I love the prek pics--Ava is one happy camper there!! I heard all about the locker and sensory table, but nothing about chocolate bars. ?! LOL
Ava didn't finish her chocolate bar (it was one of those super small chocolate bars that are often handed out at Halloween) during snack time (she said they had that and graham crackers). So....she asked if she could eat it when we got home from school. Oh well.
Oh - they both look so excited. Cute photos! :)