chimps and lions and giraffes, Oh my!

Here are a few photos from our recent zoo trip.

We love the zoo....it's free and it has a fun playground and carousel ride. Oh, of course there are interesting animals to look at as well!

Favorite animals: Ava-penguins, Annika- most of the animals in the herpetarium (that would be snakes and frogs), Astrid- toss up between chimps and the male peacock. The male peacock was fun to watch....he was really trying to show off for the female- putting on a show for her. She completely ignored him! LOL!

Rhinos really do snort and snuff!

My little apes. If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey!
Naturally the carousel ride was the best part of our trip!


Yesterday ...was an interesting day but not because we went on a fun day trip. An amazing summer storm with lots of hail, flash flooding, lightening and even some tornadoes came blasting into our area. I don't mind hearing rumbles of thunder from far away... but I do mind if it's happening right over my roof!

I hope all my local friends are okay! I haven't been outside to survey our land but it seems that we managed to escape without any tree casualities. I did lose a few sunflowers though.

Even during the worst part of the storm the hummingbirds were still coming up and eating at my feeders! They seriously don't care!


Margaret  – (July 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM)  

Thanks for that confirmation about rhinoceroses. I thing Beth can verify that little dogs say RUFF RUFF RUFF, and you and I both can confirm other dogs saying BOW WOW WOW. Slowly, we will discover the truth of Sandra Boynton's book!

Mark –   – (July 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM)  

Sorry you had to sit through that storm! Too bad you couldn't have sent some of it up to where I was earlier...they could really really use the rain.

I'm glad the zoo was fun!

Beth  – (July 26, 2009 at 5:31 PM)  

Who knew how many of life's mysteries could be solved through childrens' literature. Rhinos and big and little dogs ... and how to figure if the girlies are monkeys or apes! Looks like a fun trip.

I cannot believe the hummingbirds didn't even take a break from pigging out to shelter from the worst part of the storm! Little piggies.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP