Glass ornaments with paint

I've seen these ornaments all over in Blog Land (I can't remember where I first saw them). I thought we'd give it a try!

Okay...I admit it didn't quite work out as I'd hoped it would.


The girlies got to choose their own paint colors. I told them that they could do two colors for each glass ornament. For some reason Annika was hung up on only doing one color per ornament. Obviously I helped Ava do hers! I'm not quite ready for her to be dealing with acrylic paint like that!


All you do is carefully take out the topper out of the glass ornament, dump in same paint, swirl it around as best you can, dump in some more paint...and repeat until you like what you have. Let dry and put the topper back in.


Sounds easy, right? It was really hard for us to get the paint in the ornaments neatly. And we didn't quite get the swirly pattern I'd hoped for. (perhaps we needed to use more paint???).


It did make for a nice evening activity though!











Close up of Ava...just had to share.

Sandy  – (December 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM)  

Very pretty! I have been wanting to do these with my kids but have not had a chance to get them yet. Maybe this weekend:)

Rachel@oneprettything.com  – (December 17, 2008 at 12:26 AM)  

Aww, they look like they had so much fun! My friend just finished the same project and had the same problem. We're going to experiment with watering down the paint this week. *fingers crossed*

Emily P  – (December 17, 2008 at 8:07 AM)  

Well Done! I think they look lovely! Your girls are sooooo beautiful. Better teach those sweet labs some attack moves! Happy Christmas!

ma2danes  – (December 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM)  

This is one of my favorites. If you find they aren't drying and the paint is pooling in the bottom put each one in a plastic cup upside down and the excess paint will run out. I gave used these as gift tags one year and my friends still put them on their trees.

Margaret  – (December 17, 2008 at 3:03 PM)  

What a beautiful picture of Ava!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP