Cookies in a Jar Gift- Help me!
I am going to do a cookie in a jar gift at the Homemade Holidays event put on by Family Connections. (it's an event that moms can go to and make gifts while their children are in childcare provided by Family Connections- not a bad deal!). I'm also planning on doing a cute decoration for the jar.
Here's my problem: while there are tons of recipes out there for cookie in a jar gifts I can't possibly try them all out to see which ones taste the best. (my jeans are telling me I need to take it easy on the pie. Hint, hint).
So here's my question to you: do you have any cookie in a jar recipes that you just LOVE? Did you try any that you just hated? I need to select a cookie recipe that is also easy on the budget (this is for a non-profit organization).


I wish I had some recipes for you, but I've never done cookies in a jar. I like to do sugar scrub. I can't find my recipe for it now, but I think it was about 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of olive oil and a few drops of essential oil. I like lavendar or peppermint. Just don't put it in glass containers since it will be used in the shower.
I know it's not cookies in jar, but it's as close as I can get :-) And it doesn't have any calories!
Hey Astrid - I don't have a cookie recipe, but I do have a very pretty Curried Lentil Soup. If you can get the Lentils and spices in bulk at Costco it is very affordable.
This recipe makes 8 cups soup, it makes two 1-quart jars.
1 lb red lentils
1 lb green lentils
sea salt
6 TBSP minced dried onion
2 TBSP Curry Powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup dried apple rings cut in 1/2-inch pieces
2 TBSP dried parsley
Layer items in glass jar as follows
8oz red lentils; 1 1/2tsp sea salt; 3 TBS dried onion, 1TBS curry powder; 1TSP garlic powder, 8oz green lentils, 1/2 cup apple pieces, 1 TBS dried parsley.
Good for up to 1 month, label with cooking directions
Place letils soup mix in 3 quart saucepan with 7 cups water. heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Even if you don't make the layered jars, it's still a pretty good soup mix.
Michele Jensen
Hi Astrid, after the last post I went thru my recipes and I do have a cookie one. It is sort of like a chocolate chip cookie made with M&Ms & crushed peppermint candies. Let me know if you would like to try it.