Doing the better Butter Boogie

On a whim I decided to make butter with the girls. I poured a little heavy whipping cream into a sealable container and shook it. I let the girls shake it too. Annika did a little dancing and jumping when it was her turn. Minimal whining from the girls is required!

Little bit-o-cream in sealable container. It'd better seal properly otherwise you're in for a nasty surprise!
Ava doing the Butter Boogie.Annika's turn to do the Butter Boogie. That jar really boogied!AHHhhhhh! Fresh butter in less than 25 minutes! I drained the butter and rinsed it with cold water. It wasn't very firm. We ate ours with zucchini bread and no-knead bread hot out of the oven (Thanks Amy!). Mark thinks that we shook the jar too hard and that we ended up with whipped butter instead of regular butter. I think that if cream were ever to go on sale (yeah right!) I'd make a big batch of butter. I think it'd be fun to mix-in different things into the butter - like make a batch of honey butter or herbed butter. For next time!

Anonymous –   – (August 26, 2008 at 11:29 AM)  

very cool :P

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP