Brrrrthday Beach Outing

We had decided a few weeks ago that for Annika's birthday the family would do a fun beach outing to the North Shore Beach (I think that's what it was called). Great idea!

We didn't even consider that it would be too COLD & CHILLY at the beach to do any swimming. After all we did just go swimming in Lake Superior many miles to the north. Oh my, was it ever chilly!

Fortunately the kids didn't seem to mind the cold breeze and there was a playground next to the beach - so you know they had a BLAST.


The lunch crowd. (Uncle Jon, Aunt Margaret, Ava, Daddy, Annika, cousins Lily, Gregory and Henry, Aunt Beth and Uncle Ray..oh and me!)

Annika and Lily chase some beach birds.Annika shows off her beach treasures- feathers and shells as I'd predicted.Cousin Lily demonstrates how to be an ostrich. Just kidding! I'm not sure what she's doing. The girls had lots of fun at the beach. Lily and Annika tried to roll down the beach. Ava played Mommy to me. Henry tried to eat lots of sand- he really did have a SANDwich. Gregory had running and playing too. Lily and Ava on the slide. Ava just LOVED going down the slides! She wanted to do it again and again and again and again...and ...well you get the picture!
Happy Ava at the bottom of the slide. Do you know what that means? She needs to go down it again! Up until that day she's been opposed to going down slides- especially the curvy ones. Cute & snuggly couple- a very pregnant Aunt Margaret cozying up to Uncle Jon. I'm so glad they both came to Michigan.
Young Henry demonstrates that sand can be yummy (he's got a face and mouth full of sand).

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP