A Week of Summer Fun- The Random Edition

I hope you're all having an awesome Summer Break!  We're enjoying ours.  We've decided to slow things down a bit this summer.  I've deliberately kept our summer schedule light.  What a relief after last year which involved too.much.driving!

Musical Note Egg
 While Mark and Ava were preparing the waffle batter for our Sunday morning breakfast Ava kept saying there were musical notes on one of the eggs.  Huh?  Mark and I looked at the egg in question and sure enough!  It did have what appeared to be musical notes.  Good Eye, Ava!  Must have come from a musical chicken!

A one-liter bottle of Diet Coke...drop in a few Mentos...and this is what happens!
(stand back)
The geyser didn't last long.  (only a couple of seconds)

 The Happiest Rainbow Cookies I've made.  
I used My Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe.   The cookies were based on the Play Dough cookies we've made but this time we divided the cookie dough into six equal parts and colored each division with gel food coloring.  I layered the colored cookie dough in rainbow order and then sliced to create these cookies.

The girls are building Forts.
 And in since it's Summer I've decided to let this particular Fort stay up.  The girls keep saying they'll sleep overnight in it but so far that hasn't happened.

Rainbow sugar concentration experiment.
 FAILED.  
The girls wanted to do a rainbow theme- so I tried to find a science experiment that used stuff we already had.  I found this experiment.  The idea is to create layers of sugar water that have different amounts of sugar (to create a rainbow density column).  Only ours really didn't work.  

 One morning the girls went to town playing with chalk in the garage.  They labeled lots of things.  Including Mocha's food.
 And they labeled the Wood pile
 They also labeled the car...now where is that photo?  Humph.

And here was the greeting they wrote as you stepped out into the garage from the house:
and I have no idea why that photo is sideways as the original isn't!

We'll see what happens this week!  I think the {wild} black raspberries might be ready for picking.  That means we'll be making black raspberry jelly!  Woo hoo!  Hope you have an awesome week!

Amy Siegert  – (June 29, 2011 at 8:02 AM)  

Looks like you've been having all kinds of fun...and the kids learn so much along the way. I'm impressed that Ava recognized those musical notes. Music class kicked in!
I used to go berry picking as a kid, up the Belmont Mound with my family. Now they spray everything so you have to be careful about the berries...mmm they were good :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP