Going Fishing in the Gravel Pit

The girls have been BEGGING and PLEADING us to take them fishing.  Ever since Grandpa gave them fishing poles last summer. 

They got their wish!

On our recent, super-quick trip to Michigan we headed to what Grandpa called The Gravel Pit.  Apparently, Grandpa and Aunt Beth took all the kids there last summer (while Mark & I were in Finland) and all the kids caught fish.  That made a HUGE impression on both girls.

Sadly, the fishies weren't in a biting mood on our recent fishing excursion.  We did have lots of mosquitoes that WERE in a biting mood. LOL!  Plus poison ivy to watch out for.  But hey, it was a GORGEOUS day to be outside.  

Grandpa is showing Annika how to use her fishing pole. (how to properly cast without catching a tree branch)

Cousin Henry and Aunt Beth
 Annika and Ava
 The Fishing Excursion Gang- Cousins Lily, Gregory & Henry, Aunt Beth, Uncle Ray, Grandpa (and Mark & me)

Cousin Gregory caught a fish!  (don't know what kind but it's a keeper!)

Do I spy something on the end of Annika's fishing pole?
 YAY!  
Annika caught a fish!!!!  This one's a keeper too!

Mark also caught a fish....three fish total.  
Some exploring. Some dreaming. And lots of fun!

Thank you for the wonderful time!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP