Simple things

It's the Simple Things in life that I'm coming to enjoy.

Last night - in between storms- Ava was looking out her window before bedtime wondering what all those twinkling lights outside were. So I took her outside (in her pjs) and we watched the fireflies dance around us.

Then we heard some tree frogs singing near us and we went to investigate. I got our flashlight and we found three green tree frogs having a party in our new splash pool.

We had to run to the house when started feeling large rain drops falling.

I know Ava really enjoyed her special outing. I certainly did.

Oh...and Ava just informed me that her tricycle has a name....can you guess? Lightning McQueen of course! (that's from the "Cars" movie by Pixar). She also said her tricycle was an engineer. Speaking of funny things...Ava the other day was so excited that I had bought her a book (about our Solar System & it came with a mobile that you have to put together). She said, "Mommy thanks for buying me a book WITH PAGES!" I absolutely have no idea where that came from since she has lots of books with pages....

Anonymous –   – (June 19, 2009 at 12:09 PM)  

Simple things are sometimes the best. I love the story about finding the fire flies, and frogs. how fun, and also lighting Mcqueen of course, ha.

puna  – (June 21, 2009 at 12:01 PM)  

Wonderful! fire flies and frogs and summer. You can't go wrong.

Amy Siegert  – (June 22, 2009 at 12:10 PM)  

What fun to run outside and catch fireflies in your pj's! It must be summer :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP