Random Bits

Happy Father's Day Mark!
I hope you enjoy your gift for your Dilbert-esque cubicle....

I *heart* my family....
A new snake we haven't seen before but are apparently common in Wisconsin:
Northern Redbelly Snake
The other day I saw an edible play dough recipe on a blog and thought that it'd be a perfect rainy afternoon activity...I used 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup dried milk and not quite 1/2 cup honey...Mix, refrigerate and play with! Here Annika planted chocolate chips to make a chocolate chip tree. Ava made a caterpillar.
We got out our Science Kit and we made colorful polyacrylamide crystals using the kit. We also started a batch of rock candy as part of a crystal making experiments (we started late last week and as of today there's still very little going on in rock candy land- we might have to do the experiment over again).

Hummingbird Battle.
One of numerous battles that take place here on an hourly basis. For some strange reason they remind me of Tweetle Beetles...and when they battle in a bottle.....
Ava and I took a quick walk along our road to pick flowers. Don't you just love these little flower bouquets in tiny hands?


Please visit The Inspired Room's It's a Beautiful Life Friday.

Rae  – (June 22, 2009 at 9:57 AM)  

Love the Father's Day gift!!!! What a great idea!!!!! As far as that snake goes.....ick! :)

Amy Siegert  – (June 22, 2009 at 12:09 PM)  

That gift for Mark turned out great ---good job Astrid! Your girls are so adorable. I love the pictures of Ava with her bouquet! So very sweet.

Margaret  – (June 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM)  

I really love that Father's Day gift. Did he get all blubbery when he opened it up?

Astrid in Bristling Acres  – (June 22, 2009 at 9:10 PM)  

Margaret- not really. He knew it was coming....I had trouble getting photos on to a CD so that I could have them printed out locally (short on time) so poor Mark had to help me. Still, I'm sure he's thrilled with it. (he said he didn't look at the photos when he helped me).

Emily P  – (June 22, 2009 at 9:54 PM)  

I love the "dad" gift! And I am sooooo stealing it! My husband doesn't read blogs so I will save that one for next year! You are a genius! Also, where did you get the science kit? Looks fun!

Astrid in Bristling Acres  – (June 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM)  

Emily- I bought the science kit at Walmart in the clearance aisle. Honestly, it was very exciting as far as science experiments go but the girls loved playing with the pipettes and mixing colors.

Misti of Studio M Designs  – (June 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM)  

Hi there! That Father's Day gift was super cool! We have three boys and that is perfect. We may have to do that for Christmas! I think we will also be swiping the edible playdoh idea. Thanks-so glad I stopped by!

~Misti

Robin~All Things Heart and Home  – (June 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM)  

Love the pictures for your hubby!
And look at all the fun stuff you do with your kids! Great Mom~
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Unknown  – (June 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM)  

Great father's day gift - going to TRY to remember this for next year.

pink and green mama MaryLea  – (July 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM)  

I LOVE the DAD photo shoot - such a cute idea!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP