Life in the Fast Lane

One of the reasons I wanted to move out to the country was so that we could lead a relaxed- not hurried life. It seemed that everywhere I looked families were all about the Go! Go! Go! And Do This and Do That! Hurry Up!

Sigh.

I guess I should have known better. Actually, I'm not really complaining. I'd wayyyyy rather be busy that sitting around twiddling my thumbs. Yeah. Like I'd really sit around and twiddle my thumbs!

So...the garage sale went over very well. Until the rain started. And it just kept raining and raining and raining! Next weekend is Part Two of garage sale- and since we sold so much stuff on the first day I'm going through the boxes in the basement to see what other stuff I can live without. I went through so many boxes and there are so many left to go through. Obviously I can't get to them all...BUT it felt AWESOME to go through them and realize I could live without most of the stuff I'd collected over the years. I also found things that I'd lost years ago. In particular a long lost teddy bear.....



I can't remember what I had called my teddy bear. I can say the girls are really taken by him! They made this little bed- with my old blanket. Okay...here's a question for all you creative types out there..... How would you creatively display whale bones ....
an old propeller.....
and what creative thing would you do with this rather large basket of sorts (haven't a clue what it really is)????
This is our Monday morning....
Annika belting out a tune while eating cereal while Ava whines at her to stop (I think Ava was singing before Annika started but Annika "out sung" her and therefore the whining started.


ALERT: The hummingbirds are BACK! The hummingbirds are BACK! I just saw the first hummingbird of the season a few seconds ago! Time to make a batch of sugar water for them. I missed the little boogers over the long winter.

Okay...on to business news. So I've clued you in that I'm starting a new business. It started with this post from January. There's a Women's Expo in Fennimore, WI this Thursday and I plan on being a participating vendor along with my friend Amy who also has a small business called Say It Again Books. She's the one responsible for giving me a gentle nudge (or a kick in the rear..hee hee!) to get my business up and running. So I'm trying to get my stuff together for that- including writing/making pamphlets, making a sign, etc etc... I've never done anything like this! (and I'm a little nervous. Make that a lot nervous!)

Oh...are you curious about my business? I hope so! I do intend to write a separate post about it. :)

Any women in the Tri-State Area (Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois) are welcome and encouraged to attend the Women's Expo! Please come!

Natalie Meester  – (April 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM)  

Ideas for basket:
above bed

on door with some flowers or ribbon

stain it dark brown

on a coffee table filled with shells for summer

Margaret  – (April 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM)  

Is it possible that the basket thing is actually a table-top? I thought it was a chair-bottom until I saw the largeness of it...

Hooray for successful garage sales, and good luck on Thursday! It will be marvelous, I just know. :)

Christina –   – (April 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM)  

You must put the propeller on a wall, probably in the library or in your bedroom. That is so cool!

I can't wait for more details on your business.

Unknown  – (April 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM)  

The bamboo basket was used for husking rice, Astrid - it was a gift from one of Papa's old friends

Aubrey  – (April 28, 2009 at 12:01 AM)  

Your girls are so cute!

Stopping by to thank you for your sweet comments on my SITS day! Hope to see you back again!

Amy Siegert  – (April 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM)  

Hey Astrid, it's your Gentle Nudging-Rear Kicking friend :) Ha ha ha!
Cy would just drool over those whale bones. (Sorry for the imagery) but how cool are they? and the propeller...outstanding!! I am not a decorator so sorry I have no ideas for you on those, but the girls' breakfast pictures are too funny. See you soon!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP