What I did this weekend...Or...How Not to scrapbook
I am a scrapbooker. I'm not sure I've ever mentioned this...perhaps some day I'll be brave enough to post one of my lay outs for you to see.
I've been a scrapbooker for about 10 years...but what I'm not is a writer. This writing business doesn't come/flow naturally for me.
Sooo....what happened is that I had accumulated several years worth of scrapbooks (baby books and subsequent years) with NO journaling. Not even dates on most of the photos. Thank goodness they were digital photos and I still have copies on the computer (to verify dates). Thank goodness I kept my old calendars where I made a few notations. Otherwise I wouldn't have remembered a thing!
This entire weekend I did my best to get caught up - what a bugger that was! Definitely NOT the way to scrapbook! HUGE Thank You to Mark for helping me do this. It was a struggle coming up with things to write since I remember diddly squat about the girls until Ava turned two- call it Mommy Fog. (or something)
I managed to get quite a bit done...and I also realized that I hadn't done scrapbooked some important photos. I guess it's a good thing I went through my albums. I might not have caught that otherwise!
On a separate note: I was heading to the shower when I heard crying from Ava's room. Poor thing had vomitted all over herself. Now I feel sick. Let's just hope it's a one-time deal.
I'm also participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I'm not sure what I'm in for...the walk is scheduled to take place OVERNIGHT?! Is that common?
I suppose I ought to update my blog title drawing. Christmas was ages ago.
The red wing blackbirds are back!
AND... drum roll please....Annika just read "Green Eggs and Ham" all the way through!


Oh, ugh! How has Ava been since early morning? I hope that you guys don't have a bug visiting your house. (p.s. the word verification for this post is a fabulous ones!! dishfumb )
hip hip hurray for Annika!
how is Ava?
..yes, we would like to see four bunnies :)
So sorry to hear about Ava. Ally stayed home today because her tummy hurt, but no "action". Not sure if that is a good thing or if we're going to be hit overnight! Hope she feels better soon.
And that is FANTASTIC how Annika read the book by herself! Fantastic...that's a long book, too!
As far as Relay for Life-that's pretty common around here. They used to have it outside --I loved it because we just walked and talked and camped out in the middle of the track field!(of course that was in JUNE)
Poor Ava. Yay for Annika!
I love the birds at the top of your page! A friend and I painted a mural on my kids' wall of a tree with little birds on it and flying around it. Her birds' bodies remind me of your's a bit and I LOVE them. They make me so happy. Oh, and that "mommy fog" actually has a name - it's called "momnesia!" Seriously, I read it in a scientific article. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I take it from your comment you're a Wright fan as well?
Great job, Annika!
Please stop by my blog, Eat at Home and leave a comment today. Each comment is worth $1 for the Global Food Crisis fund and all you have to do is comment. SITS girls are great at that!