Ava's Room Forecast: Blue Skies

After talking about it for sooooo long we finally started redoing Ava's room this past weekend.

Do you remember me telling you I wanted to do her room with blue walls with white clouds? Remember all those blue paint color choices I posted?


First order of business= fresh coat of (off) white paint on the walls. We managed to get two coats on Sunday. (we used SW Alabaster in satin)


Second order of business= taping!

Third order of business= Blue Skies!

Mama found the coolest thing out there- a kit that does exactly what I wanted- blue skies with white clouds! It's The Cloud Wash Kit. It's awesome! Thanks Mama!!!!



This is with the first coat of blue colorwash. I finished these walls at 11pm last night. Needless to say I'm on my fifth cup of coffee this morning. I'm considering brewing more coffee as I type this! The kit suggests two coats of the blue colorwash before painting the clouds.

Here's the plan...I'll do the second coat of the blue colorwash tonight. Tomorrow I'll get started on the white clouds- you're supposed to do them in layers to make them look realistic. I'll post photos of the progress.

Oh...if you're wondering...we have textured walls so I know there will be bleeding through the tape...which is why I'm planning on putting a white chair rail (maybe with wooden pegs in some places) on the border between the blue sky and the white walls.

*Shared with A Soft Place to Land's DIY Day.

Unknown  – (March 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM)  

I love the room already - I cannot wait to see clouds :)
I love the idea about a rail across the room - Ava can hang all kinds of stuff!

Amy Siegert  – (March 25, 2009 at 8:48 AM)  

Wow, Astrid, that looks great! And it already looks "cloudy"...how cool is that! Great job. Very time-consuming but the results are already wonderful! And I agree with Gerlinde- chair rail is an awesome idea. Very handy!

Mammatalk  – (March 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

Very nice. Love the cloud idea. I need to start my painting project, too!

Linds  – (July 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM)  

Cant wait to see the results! You're doing a fanTABylous job! Thanks for sharing!Come check out my TRANSOFORMATION end table at DIY DAY!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP