Personalized Wreaths for the Girls
Do you remember the egg wreaths I had hanging on the girls' bedroom doors? Those were from Easter. Actually from before Easter. That was a long, long time ago.
I think it's time for a change, no?
So on a rainy day...too wet to go outside and play (isn't that a line from the book Pinkalicious?) the girls and I created personalized wreaths for their doors.
I already had the straw wreaths from an earlier project that didn't happen. I wrapped them with muslin fabric leftover from another project. (I wrapped them with fabric because I didn't want bits of straw falling off and making a mess)
Then the girls got to have FUN! I love collecting little bits and bobs...random small things that I find interesting and don't have the heart to give away or toss out. The girls went through my bits and bobs stash and my scrapbooking stash (for paper and paper flowers) to create their wreaths. Annika did her own placement but I helped Ava put hers together. I manned the hot glue gun once the items were perfectly placed on the wreaths. Then we hung them up using fat ribbon and a thumb tack (tacked to the top of the door).
Annika's Rainbow Wreath:
Annika decided to place her chosen items in a rainbow color pattern. She picked the glass hummingbird ornament as her center piece.
Ava's wreath of miscellaneous found items. Complete with a nest, tiny red birds, flowers and ladybugs.
The girls love creating blanket forts. They're supposed to be Secret Forts...shhh...so please don't tell anyone about them! LOL! They set up these two (one on either side of the bed) in our guest bedroom. Not exactly what I'd call secret but I'm glad they had fun.
They wanted to sleep in their forts...and why not? It's summer after all! The first night they slept the entire night in their special forts. On the second night we found Annika back in her own bed but Ava was still tucked away in her fort. I guess with all those sleepovers she's done on Annika's bedroom floor Ava is used to sleeping on the floor whereas Annika isn't.
Daddy reading The Hobbit to the girls. Ava is in the entrance to her Fort.
What's on your list?


The wreaths are so cute, wish I had a craft stash like that! Especially the fat ribbon & colorful paper! The girls did a good job.
The Hobbit? Impressive!!