Snowmen::Courage
I see SIX snowmen dancing in our front yard. Okay, so they're not actually dancing but they could be...if they were Frosty the Snowmen.
This is what happens when there is absolutely-perfect-snowman-making snow. The entire family goes outside and makes snowmen!
Most of them are missing are missing their carrot noses or eyes now. And yet they still stand proudly at attention.
Annika hard at work....it's fun building things with your own hands.
Ava standing next to "her" snowman (that Mommy made). This one is standing guard over the swing set. Cool candy cane arms...
Annika's first snow man. He's got sunflower stick arms and dried, old tiny sunflower blossoms for eyes.
Mark's life size snowman....
Annika hard at work after school on Monday.

Annika hard at work after school on Monday.
I think you can see three of the snowmen here...
Ummm...Annika, what happened to this snowman's head? He seems a little squished...wonder if he's got a pressing headache. Ha ha ha! (very funny, I know).
I love how proudly they stand. Nearly straight (okay, a few are leaning over) and tall. Courage. That must take courage, no?
Now that's something I feel I could use more of in my life.... {Courage}.
I love how proudly they stand. Nearly straight (okay, a few are leaning over) and tall. Courage. That must take courage, no?
Now that's something I feel I could use more of in my life.... {Courage}.
Do you speak your mind? Do you let your feelings known?
I don't. At least not at the appropriate time. Perhaps it's because (as a good friend put it) I'm polite; perhaps too polite. I suppose being polite has it's place in the world but so does speaking up for one's self.
Perhaps it's time to allow {Courage} into my life and not be afraid to speak my mind (politely of course!).


Love your snowmen! And I say.... GO GET 'EM!!!! I love passionate people and the bible says that we should not be lukewarm so..... go GET 'EM!!!!!!
Astrid you do not lack courage - you never have! In my opinion you need to learn to assert yourself more - and this comes from being a little insecure. The difficulty is to differentiate being assertive versus being aggressive :(
I love your snowmen!!
Astrid, I would ditto what Gerlinde said. Assertiveness. I can certainly relate; I think a lot of us SAHMs get so isolated, so much time to think about things that we think about all of the things we wish we could be doing but don't know how to do it. Meanwhile the folks who are working the rat race don't have time to think about such things as much; they just keep going and going and often wish they could be like US! Perhaps I'm over-generalizing, but I really think we get down about the "would have""should have"s...I think it's ocmmendable that you remain so collected about most things and show lots of poise and grace. That takes a LOT of courage!!
I guess you're right! I'm not assertive. I get so annoyed at my wishy-washy attitude and feelings.