Platteville Children's Choir Fall Concert::Annika's First Choir Concert!

After months and months of choir practice on Monday nights (not to mention the audition late last spring) Annika's 
FIRST EVER CHOIR CONCERT 
is here!

Annika sings in with the Apprentice singers in the Platteville Children's Choir. 
(there are three levels in the Children's Choir: Apprentice, Choristers and Cantabile)

Here she is ...excited & ready to perform!

The program this evening had all three choirs singing (individually) followed by a performance by the Platteville Chorale (the adult choir).  At the very end all the children's choirs joined the adults on stage to perform Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" (okay, I don't think it was written by Louis Armstrong but everyone knows him for this song).  Can you spot Annika in the front?


 Here she is:

The children were quite pleased with themselves- and they had every right to be proud!  They performed beautifully!  Each group performed at least one piece of music that was more challenging than the other pieces.  Annika's group (the Apprentice singers) performed: "The Singing Bird", "Tue, Tue", "That's What We'd Do" and, Annika's favorite, "Swingin' on a Star".

I didn't get a photo of just her group singing (felt too self conscious about taking a photo during her performance).  So these photos show all the children. Normally, Mark would have been singing with the Chorale but since he's started his MBA program that has cut into fun evening activities.  School will do that!  Sigh....

And here's another AWESOME thing that happened...Grandma and Grandpa were able to attend Annika's first ever concert!  Woo hoo!  Thanks for coming!

We're so proud of you, Annika!

Amy Siegert  – (November 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM)  

What a wonderful opportunity for Annika. I'll bet she just loves it! I adore "Swinging on a Star"--bet that was fun to sing!

Margaret  – (November 23, 2010 at 7:24 PM)  

I am so proud of her, too! I sure wish I could have been there to hear her sing, and I hope that her little cousins will want to sing in a choir like that when they are older!!

Mammatalk  – (November 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM)  

Absolutely adorable. Can't wait for moments like these with my girls! :+)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP