A Garden Harvest

Fall is here!

And that means frost advisories...which translate to clearing the garden of all veggies that can't handle the cold (mostly tomatoes and peppers in my garden). Most of veggies have been done for the year. I could have easily picked the peppers earlier but I was hoping they would change color. Only a handful of the banana peppers changed to red.

Something weird happened to this Kellogg's Breakfast tomato. I think it might be two tomatoes that grew into one. I had a few others like this on other tomato plants this year. Weird. (it's a yummy yellow/orange variety) I have to check to see what variety bell pepper this one is. I had planted bell peppers that were supposed to turn into yellow ones and red ones. Green is good too! This particular one is the biggest of the bunch.


Now I have to figure out what to do with my bounty. I think I'll be making and canning salsa soon!
I can't wait to see how many butternut squash I have this year. The pumpkins faired poorly...and I think we got one acorn squash. Hmmm...I'm going to need to rethink my pumpkin planting/growing technique (or lack thereof) next year.
What have we been up to lately? Annika is in school and this is her first year in Girl Scouts (trying it out). Ava is home with me (not that we're home much these days). I've been hitting the YMCA four mornings a week to workout. Ack! Now if I could only stop the eating I'd lose some weight!
I'm trying to work through my creative dry spell and start doing some arts and crafts projects. It's not as easy to do them with the girls because it seems lately that we eat dinner and then it's already time for bed. Where does the time go? I need to get the crockpot going again....I feel my afternoons are taken up with cooking - even though I enjoy doing cooking.
How do you work through your creative dry spells?????

Sally  – (October 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM)  

That is a gigantic bell pepper. Tommy's jealous.

Amy Siegert  – (October 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM)  

Those veggies look great to me. Sigh. Wish my kids would eat em. Where did I go wrong?

Creative dry spells - let's see, I would do what you're doing -stay active and think about other things even mundane things. THat's when the creativity seems to come back to me, anyway!

Margaret  – (October 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM)  

I don't recommend stopping eating! And ... didn't you just make a cute little monogrammed pillowcase? Was that not creative?

Anonymous –   – (October 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM)  

That is one giant pepper!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP